Booking Information for Schools
- The School Visit Programme is available on THURSDAYS during term time only.
- Two tour times are available
- Morning Session: 10:00 am – 11:40 am
- Afternoon Session: 12:00 pm – 1:40 pm
- Duration 80 minutes (Government House tour 40 mins, teacher-led Garden Tour Activity 40 mins).
- Suitable for Stage 3 students
- Cost - $5 per student. No charge for accompanying adults. Schools will be invoiced after the visit. The price includes a souvenir booklet per student.
- Group size - Maximum 40 students per Session (split into two groups of 20).
- Students must wear School Uniform when visiting Government House Sydney.
- Accompanying adults ratio – Minimum 1 adult : 20 students, Maximum 3 adults : 20 students.
- There must be at least one accompanying adult with the students on the House tour along with the Guide and at least one teacher with the students on the Garden Tour Activity. Due to limited space in the House it is not possible for additional accompanying adults to be accommodated on the tour.
- Cancellations – Occasionally, due to official Vice Regal functions, Government House may need to reschedule or cancel school visits. Schools will be notified in advance.
How to Book
Tours can only be booked by school staff. We are unable to accept bookings from coach or tour companies on behalf of schools.
- Complete the on-line booking form.
- Complete the Account Information in full. Bookings cannot be progressed unless all account information is provided.
- On receipt of your booking request your request will be considered, dates checked and allocated. A confirmation email will then be sent to the contact listed on the Booking Form.
- Risk Assessment information, Directions and Learning Resources are available from the website.
- Enquiries - Call 02 9228 4111 or use the Government House enquiry page.