Booking Information for Schools
- The School Visit is available on THURSDAYS during term time only.
- Two tour times are available
- Morning Session: 10:00 am – 11:40 am
- Afternoon Session: 12:00 pm – 1:40 pm
- Duration 1 hour 40 minutes (Government House tour 30 mins, teacher-led Garden Tour Activity 30 mins and Native Plants Activity 30 mins).
- Suitable for Stage 3 students
- Cost - $5 per student. No charge for accompanying adults. Schools will be invoiced after the visit.
- Group size - Maximum 60 students per Session (split into three groups of 20).
- Students must wear School Uniform when visiting Government House Sydney.
- Accompanying adults ratio – Minimum 1 adult : 20 students, Maximum 3 adults : 20 students.
- There must be at least one accompanying adult with the students on the House tour along with the Guide and at least one teacher with the students on the Garden Tour Activity. Due to limited space in the House it is not possible for additional accompanying adults to be accommodated on the tour.
- Cancellations – Occasionally, due to official Vice Regal functions, Government House may need to reschedule or cancel school visits. Schools will be notified in advance
To make a booking please call us during office hours - 02 9228 4111 or use the Government House Contact Page.