Australia Day 2019 Open House
Government House Sydney will be open to the public on Australia Day, 26 January 2019, from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
The Governor and Mrs Hurley warmly invite you to explore the grand State Rooms of the historic house, relax in the beautiful surrounding gardens, and enjoy activities and live entertainment, all in one of Sydney’s most spectacular locations at the heart of the city’s 2019 Australia Day celebrations.
Guides will be on hand to answer questions and support your visit.
Activities and Entertainment
The NSW Fire Brigade Band and the NSW Police Band will provide musical entertainment.
Life Education (including the giraffe Healthy Harold), Croquet NSW, the Bush Children’s Education Foundation, Quilt NSW, The Kids Neuroscience Centre, and Guide Dogs NSW/ACT, are amongst the community organisations participating. A donation can be made to support these community groups.
Support Scouts NSW by buying from their sausage sizzle. Check out the latest Highway Patrol cars. And watch out for the Whip Cracking!
- Enter the grounds via the main gate next to the Conservatorium of Music. [map]
- No need to book - entry is free – though donations for participating patronage organisations is encouraged.
- Bring a picnic to enjoy on the lawns or support the Scout's sausage sizzle.
- No parking available on site.
- When touring the house all items must be cloaked [except for handheld items such as a phone, small camera or enclosed water bottle]